QR Coupons Tab
A QR coupon is closely related to a barcode and scanner. This feature utilizes your mobile device’s camera, and allows you to collect coupon scans right through the app.
With the QR Coupons Tab, you can provide easily accessible coupons to your app users. Each scan of the code will get the app users one step closer to a reward. These square, pixelated codes are downloadable and can easily be printed & placed on a flyer, brochure, or laminated table placard.
*Note: An update to all apps last updated before April 2014 will cause users to lose all scans.
1. In Step 1 (Functionality), click Add New Tab.
2. Create a Tab Title, select QR Coupons Tab from the Tab Function drop-down, and choose an icon or upload your own. Save your changes. (You can change all this information later.)
3. Go to Step 2 (Content) and click on your new tab. Select Add New QR Coupon to get started.
4. Complete the General Information section. Click Save Changes at the bottom when you're done.
- Upload your Mobile Header Image (640x264px) & Tablet Header Image (1536x634px) by clicking Browse to search for photos.
- Input a Coupon Name.
- QR Code: Fill out a short term or series or letters/numbers. Your users will not see this anywhere within the app. It's just a unique string that enables your QR code. (Note: Make sure your code has no spaces or special characters.)
- Select a Start Date & End Date for your coupon. Leave these fields blank if the coupon is redeemable indefinitely.
- Check the Can be used again box to allow users to redeem this deal more than once. When this box is checked, the coupon will reset to 0 scans after users complete their scans and redeem the deal.
- Time Zone: Select the correct time zone.
- Check-in Target Amount: The amount of times a user must scan the QR code to unlock the deal. If you set this to 0, the deal will immediately be available to all app users.
- Hours Before Next Check-in: The hours a user must wait after scanning the QR code before they can scan again. This prevents users from abusing the feature by scanning multiple times at once.
- Check the Is This Coupon Active box to enable your coupon. If the box is unchecked, this coupon won't appear in the app.
- Fill out the Coupon Description to explain the deal.
5. You can manage user coupon activity under the Activities section. Just click Delete to remove activity from the app.
6. In the main tab view, you can view your new QR coupon. Click Edit to modify it or Delete to remove it. You can continue adding coupons until you're satisfied!
Downloading QR Codes
When you're ready to save & print your QR codes you can do so right through the tab.
1. Click View QR Code next to one of your coupons. (Note: If your browser doesn't allow you to click the View QR button, you can instead click Edit next to your coupon and then click the View QR Code button from that window.)
2. The code will load in your browser. First, make sure to load your app and test the scan function (you can use the preview app to do so if your app is not yet live). It's important to verify the code is working before you print & post it.
3. After you verify the code is working, click Download. The QR code will download in PNG format. You can print the image out, or distribute it however you like!
Check out some live examples below!
Example of ongoing coupon with a check-in target amount of 1 (user unlocks coupon on first scan):
Example of date-defined coupon with a check-in target amount of 5 (user has 4 more scans before redemption):
Having issues scanning your QR coupon code? Try moving your device back from the code gradually in order to gain a larger scanning range; that should do the trick!
If you're still having trouble, you may want to try shortening the text in the QR Code field within the coupon settings. After you do so, make sure to reload the app on your device as well as the code itself before trying again.