The Real Estate tab is a great tool for real estate agents to showcase properties they're renting or selling.
1. In Step 1 (Functionality), click Add New Tab.
2. Create a Tab Title, select Real Estate Tab from the Tab Function drop-down, and choose an icon or upload your own. Save your changes. (You can change all this information later.)
3. Go to Step 2 (Content) and click on your new tab. First, decide if you'd like to activate the Disable Rent / Own Listing Filter. (You can change this at any point.) Click Update Settings.
- Yes: All of your listings will be combined into one list.
- No: Your listings will remain separated into two sections, Rentals & Own.
4. Begin adding listings to your tab. You can use the Download CSV Template option to import listings from a CSV file, the Import Listings option to sync up IDX listings, or the Add Listing option to add them manually. See below for instructions on all three options.
1. Click the Add Listing button to get started.
2. You'll begin with the Location section (Mandatory).
- Address: You can either search the address in the “Enter the address here” bar, or you can enter the coordinates in the Latitude/Longitude fields below. When you use the coordinates option, Google Maps will pull the nearest address.
- Distance Type: Specify whether distance should appear in Kilometers or Miles.
- Thumbnail: Upload a custom thumbnail image (140x140px).
3. Move onto the Home Info section (Mandatory).
- Select Own or Rentals from the For drop-down.
- Specify the Price of the home, and select the Currency from the drop-down menu. Make sure to input only numerical values in the Price field. (Ex: 700000, not 700,000 or 700,000.00)
- Home Type: You can choose from Single Family, Condo, Townhouse, Multi family, Apartment, Mobile / Manufactured, Coop Unit, Vacant land, or Other.
- Set the Status to Active to enable this listing.
- Select the number of Beds and Baths from the drop-down menus.
- Specify the Sqft.
- Specify the Lot Size, and choose Sqft or Acres from the drop-down menu.
- Input the Year Built and Year Updated.
- Fill out the Description for the listing.
Note: You can write "N/A" in any of the input fields, but you may not leave them blank.
4. Next, move to the Contact section (Mandatory). Click Save Changes when you're done. At this point, you're finished with all mandatory listing details, but you can continue on to steps 5 - 8 to complete your listing.
- Input the Agent Name.
- Provide an Email & Phone Number for the agent.
5. Proceed to the Additional Info section to specify more details about your listing (Optional). Expand a section by clicking the + sign to its left. Make sure to click Save Changes again when you're done.
For the following sections, you can check the boxes for all sub-items that apply:
- Cooling Type
- Floor Covering
- Heating Type
- Heating Fuel
- Indoor Features
- Building Amenities
- Outdoor Amenities
For the following sections, you can only select one option:
- Architectural Style
6. Lastly, move onto the Photos section to upload images of the listing (Optional). Again, click Save Changes after you're done.
- Description for image: Select Yes to enable. You can write a description after your images are uploaded.
- Images: Click Browse to upload photos of your listing from your computer. You can select multiple photos at once. They will upload when you click the Save Changes button.
View after your images are uploaded:
Adding a description:
7. Back in the main tab view, you can view your new listing. Click Edit to modify it, or Delete to remove it.
8. Continue adding listings manually, or move onto the CSV Data section to begin managing your listings from a spreadsheet.
IDX is a type of data feed provided with your MLS membership. In some cases, MLS may require you to pay for access to this data feed. IDX typically (but not always) mirrors the data available on your MLS site. If your MLS provides access to this data feed, you may use that access to promote ALL listings on your website, not just your featured listings.
All listings that participate in the Broker Reciprocity (IDX) program with your MLS can be accessed using our service. The IDX Broker application automatically collates, maintains, and displays your local MLS listings. Using IDX Broker allows you to display all MLS listing seamlessly on your own website. All local MLS listings will display on your website and your contact information. Some restrictions apply based on certain MLS rules.
Check out this article for instructions on generating your IDX API key.
1. Click the Import Listing button to get started.
2. In the pop-up window, paste your IDX API Key, and click Get Listings.
3. Your listings will begin loading.
4. Once loaded, you can check the boxes next to any listings you'd like to import, or Select All.
5. Click Import Listings when you're ready, and you'll see the loading indicator back in the main tab view. At this point, you can leave the tab and check back later to see your newly added listings!
6. Once your listings have been imported, they'll continue to sync periodically using the provided API key. You can see the time of the last sync when you view a specific listing.
Download CSV Template
CSVs are essentially spreadsheets that can be used to upload correctly formatted data quickly. This is a great option if you already keep your listings organized on a spreadsheet, or want to make content additions simple down the line. Each time you add a listing to your spreadsheet, you can simply re-upload your CSV file to tack on the additions.
Note: We recommend first adding at least one manual listing to your tab following the Add Listing instructions above. This way, when you download your CSV file, it will already have one row (one listing) populated and serve as an example of how to fill out additional rows (listings).
1. Click Download CSV Template. The file will download to your computer.
2. Open the CSV file. You'll see a spreadsheet with 45 columns. If you've already added a listing to your tab, then you'll see its details populated like below. If you haven't, only the column titles will be populated.
3. For listing additions, just mirror the format of your first listing. Some tips:
- If an optional field does not apply, you can put "0" in that cell. For example, the Rentals column does not apply to my Own listing, so it's been populated with a "0" by default. (Remember, this is the For drop-down menu under the Home Info section.)
- You can find Latitude/Longitude in Google Maps. Go to maps.google.com, search your listing's address, and right-click the pin on the map. Click "What's here?" and more details will appear at the top left. Copy/paste the latitude & longitude from here.
- Make sure to properly format your content. For instance, phone numbers should be formatted ###-###-####, and provided item titles (like "Miles," "Dishwasher," "Sqft," etc.) should be copied exactly.
- For check-all Additional Info items, add all applicable items separated by a comma without spaces, like below.
4. Each time you're ready to import new listings, just click Browse under the CSV Data section and select your CSV file. Click Upload to import the new listings.
Note: When using the CSV import, be sure to check your imported listings thoroughly by clicking Edit next to each one and viewing each section. This will help you catch mistakes and learn more best practices for CSV import!
Check out some live examples below!
In landscape mode: